8 Oct 2020
Fairtrade Awards 2020
Countdown to the 2020 International Fairtrade Awards
Excitement is building in the run-up to the 2020 International Fairtrade Awards honouring the very best of Fairtrade producers, workers, traders and campaigners.
Thirteen finalists will battle it out in four categories. Due to the current circumstances we had to cancel our live ceremony. The winners will therefore be announced on October 29. Watch this space!
More than 80 applications from 30 countries were received across the four categories - Small Producer Organization (SPO) of the Year; Hired Labour Organization (HLO) of the Year; Trader of the Year and Campaign of the Year. Entries ranged from tiny cooperatives to multi-national companies - but what they all have in common are a passion for Fairtrade and a desire to create a better future for farmers and workers. All of them have demonstrated outstanding continuous improvement, innovation, inclusivity and non-discrimination, and contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
You can join our global celebration of the best of Fairtrade by
watching the live streamed awards ceremony on October 29. You can watch the livestream of the awards ceremony here
- Asunafo North Union in Ghana (cocoa)
- Cooperativa de Caficultores del Norte in Colombia (coffee)
- Cooperativa Multiactiva de Bananeros in Colombia (bananas) both from Colombia
- Agropecuaria El Tesoro in Colombia (bananas)
- Desert Joy in Tunisia (tomatoes)
- Valentine Growers in Kenya (flowers)
- United Nilgiri Tea Estates (UNITEA) in India
- Nudie Jeans
- Divine Chocolate
- Oxfam Fair Trade from Belgium
- Bergendal Beordery in South Africa’s Fynbos Floral Kingdom
- Forca Goa Foundation in India