8 Oct 2020
Fairtrade Awards 2020
Winners of the 2020 International Fairtrade Awards!
The winners are in! More than 80 applications from 30 countries were received across the four categories - Small Producer Organization (SPO) of the Year; Hired Labour Organization (HLO) of the Year; Trader of the Year and Campaign of the Year. Entries ranged from tiny cooperatives to multi-national companies - but what they all have in common are a passion for Fairtrade and a desire to create a better future for farmers and workers. All of them have demonstrated outstanding continuous improvement, innovation, inclusivity and non-discrimination, and contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Below are the nominees and winners, you can read the full story here.
- Asunafo North Union in Ghana (cocoa) - Winner
- Cooperativa de Caficultores del Norte in Colombia (coffee)
- Cooperativa Multiactiva de Bananeros in Colombia (bananas) both from Colombia
- Agropecuaria El Tesoro in Colombia (bananas)
- Desert Joy in Tunisia (tomatoes)
- Valentine Growers in Kenya (flowers) - Winner
- United Nilgiri Tea Estates (UNITEA) in India - Winner
- Nudie Jeans
- Divine Chocolate - Winner
- Oxfam Fair Trade from Belgium - Winner
- Bergendal Beordery in South Africa’s Fynbos Floral Kingdom
- Forca Goa Foundation in India
Fairtrade Germany has also announced the winners in in five categories:
Manufacturer of the Year, Retailer of the Year, Newcomer of the Year,
Civil Society Organisation of the Year and a Young Talent Award. In
addition, a special award will be given based on a public vote. You can
read all about the German awards and the winners here.