Fairtrade Awards 2020
Welcome to the 2020 Fairtrade Awards!
The awards event originally scheduled for 25 March has been postponed, but we look forward to celebrating the very best Fairtrade farmers, producers, workers, traders and campaigners later in the year.
It is with regret that we have decided to postpone the International Fairtrade Conference and the Fairtrade Awards ceremony due to take place in Berlin on 25 March, because of the risks posed by coronavirus. This was not an easy decision but we have a responsibility to help minimize the spread of the virus, and the health and safety of our guests is our top priority.
We will post information about a rescheduled event once it is available.
Congratulations again to all the finalists, which were selected by a panel of expert judges out of a strong field of more than 80 applications in four categories. We look forward to learning the winners in each category at a later date!
Small Producer of the Year finalists:
- Asunafo North Union in Ghana (cocoa)
- Cooperativa de Caficultores del Norte in Colombia (coffee)
- Cooperativa Multiactiva de Bananeros in Colombia (bananas) both from Colombia
Hired Labour Organization of the Year finalists:
- Agropecuaria El Tesoro in Colombia (bananas)
- Desert Joy in Tunisia (tomatoes)
- Valentine Growers in Kenya (flowers)
Trader of the Year finalists:
- Nudie Jeans
- Divine Chocolate
Campaign of the Year finalists:
- Oxfam Fair Trade from Belgium
- Bergendal Beordery in South Africa’s Fynbos Floral Kingdom
- Forca Goa Foundation in India