Living Wage Proxies Estimates Project (April 2018)
- Develop a methodology to calculate proxy benchmarks for the origins where a LWB does not exist.
- Calculate the proxy values using the methodology developed.
- Define guidelines and approaches for the estimation of living wage stopgap measures, based primarily on secondary data;
- Propose a framework for the estimation with proxies for living wages benchmarks in given countries and particular geographical scopes such as rural and urban areas;
- Gather and validate secondary data for estimation;
- Identification of relevant living wage estimation differences (e.g., high-inflation and tax frameworks, demographic issues) that imply deviations from the original Anker’s methodology;
- Provide reliable tests of estimation;
- Discuss the proposals with key Fairtrade stakeholders (PNs, NFOs, Standards Team) and decisions bodies (SC and Senior Management Team) as well with recognized experts inside and outside Fairtrade International;
- Develop a final report with the full methodology and values.
EN | Project assignment