Producer Services and Relations Unit
The Producer Services and Relations unit (PSR) was set up to strengthen the capacities of small producer and worker organizations, and support them to achieve sustainable development through fair trade.
How we support producers
The Producer Services and Relations unit supports producers by:
- providing training in local languages
- offering guidance on Fairtrade certification requirements
- facilitating relationships with buyers and access to new markets
- supporting producer involvement in consultations on Standards and Pricing
- supporting networking and partnership development
Regional heads and regional coordinators
There are three regional heads in the PSR unit based in Bonn. Ten regional coordinators, who are responsible for specific countries and are mostly based in their regions, work alongside the regional heads to coordinate the fieldwork. Fairtrade International has registered offices in Ghana, Kenya and Colombia.
Liaison Services and Development Department
The Liaison Services and Development Department provides strategic direction and oversight on producer support services within Fairtrade International and the Fairtrade system. It strengthens the operational capacity for producer services and ensures high quality delivery of services.
Find Fairtrade Minimum Prices and Premiums